Sunday, August 24, 2008

A hard lesson learned

We made the decision last year to do away with our land line phone and only use cell phones since each of the boys had one and it was easier to keep in touch with them.
So today after waiting and waiting I received a call from Christophers dad that they had just talked to him on the phone. It seems that they were not allowed to call cell phones and had to use a land line number.
I am so glad that he was able to reach his dad even though it was only about a 30 second call consisting of: I am fine, everything is on track and I love you all, and will write and call as soon as I can, but I am also so disappointed and heartsick that I didn't get to hear his voice. Needless to say we will be ordering a land line tomorrow.
I still do not have any information on when we can start mailing letters or if he has made it to BCT or if he is still in reception. So many questions with no answers yet. Hopefully we will receive something in the mail this week with a little bit more info.

God Bless,
Tami

2 comments:

Debbi (no 'e' on the end) said...

When my son was in BCT I would set my alarm for 4:15 am PDT on Sundays & stare at the phone til he called. I'm so sorry you didn't get to talk to him. I hope you get a letter this week.

Michelle said...

I wonder why they could not call cell phones? I would think a phone is a phone. When my daughter was in BMT (Air Force) they could call any number. When they were given permission that is. Which was not that often in her case. I recevied maybe 3 phone calls and I missed the first one.