I got another upbeat letter from Christopher today and he included the answers to the survey questions I had sent him. I thought I would share them with all of you. These answers were dated Sept 25.
1.What can I send you? Hygiene products, mail supplies, pictures, prayers and memories.
2. What has been the hardest thing in BCT so far? Being away from everyone/ thing you know and love.
3. What is the easiest? Eating or falling asleep
4. What discourages you the most? Bad news from home or the same person in the troop screwing up over and over.
5. What encourages you the most? Family, battle buddies and troop members.
6. What has been the funniest part of BCT so far? Our Drill Sergeant dancing the other day.
7. Top 5 Things you miss the most? a. my mom, b. family and friends, c. Dr. Pepper, d. having a minute to enjoy a meal, e. having a minute to just be lazy.
8. What has been your favorite meal so far? Ribs and shrimp with baked beans, chicken and rice, a salad, 2 pieces of bread, an apple and chocolate milk.
9. How much time do you get to eat? Depends on how busy we are or how mad the DS' are at us.
10. How much sleep do you get each night? Anywhere from 3 - 7 hours.
11. How often is Fireguard? Every night
12. How many people have been sent home? 2 so far.
13. How many pay phones are there? They are everywhere we just have to earn them.
14. Did you get to fire the 50 ca machine gun? Next week
15. Does each piece of mail cost you 10 push ups? Yes after a certain amount each night.
16. Have you thrown hand grenades yet? We will in week 7.
Anything else you want to include? If your son/daughter is thinking of joining they have my respect and for the first 5 weeks my sympathy. And PS you will hate your recruiter cause everything is his fault.
I love the fact that any other time I get a letter he is starving to death and then he post a meal full of food. I also love the fact that I am the first thing on his list that he misses the most.
Hope everyone is having a great week. I have not heard from Micah's mom but will let you know as soon as I do.