Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving phone call

Yep you read the title right. We actually got a phone call from Christopher last night. I had actually given up on the phone ringing and Kyle and I had sat down to watch our favorite comedian Jeff Dunham.
So you can imagine my surprise when a little after 8:00 pm the phone rang and I saw the area code. Chris is doing fine and is ready to leave Ft. Knox forever. He said they are leaving for the field today or tomorrow and will not be back until sometime next week and then it will be turning in gear, cleaning the bays and out processing. He is ready to get to Ft. Drum and get this career started.
I have a list of things to bring to graduation and he is still hoping that he can get leave once he gets to New York.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and enjoys their weekend.

God Bless,

aam

6 comments:

liberal army wife said...

I'm so glad you got the call. Have a great weekend.

LAW

Carla said...

WooHoo!!! I'm so glad he called and it wasn't due to a family emergency!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

aam...I am so happy for you. It is so difficult to be away from our children on holidays...

~AirmanMom returning to her blog...

Michelle said...

What a way to end your day!! I am so happy that you were able to speak with him and that he is doing great. Have fun at graduation and we expect lots of pictures.

ABNPOPPA said...

Phone calls any time are wonderful! Glad he called.

Pops

kimmy said...

How exciting. I am so happy for you! What a wonderful surprise!

Kimmy