Saturday, November 8, 2008

Soldier's Mother's Creed

SOLDIER'S MOTHER'S CREED
I am the mother of an American Soldier. I give my complete and unwavering support to my Soldier. As my son serves the people of the United States, so I humbly offer up prayers for his safety and the safety and health of those he serves beside. I respect his choice to adhere to a strict moral code and a system of values that has preserved our country over two centuries. I accept that my soldier's first duty is to his country and I understand that this sacrifice he willingly makes is what keeps our nation great. I will never expect anything but the best from my Soldier, for I know he is capable. I know that a Soldier's heart is true and strong, and that my Soldier will endure.I will never abandon my Soldier, my son. I will love him unconditionally. He will know I am there with him, even when he is alone. I am disciplined, emotionally and mentally tough, learning to wait for phone calls and letters or emails home. I, like my Soldier, am an expert. I stand ready to do whatever I can do to let my son, my Soldier, know that we are here for him, behind him, we love him, and I will pray for the swift destruction of the enemies of our country.I am the person who stood guardian of this man who has become my Soldier, now our guardian of freedom and the American way of life.
I am the proud mother of an American Soldier
~Anonymous~
God Bless,
aam
Tami

4 comments:

Carla said...

Cool!!! I couldn't believe the change in Chris when he was home. He walked, talked and looked different. He looked so good in his Class A's. I don't know who was more proud of it, Tami or Chris himself!

Karen said...

And the changes keep coming. They just keep maturing and maturing. We are still amazed of our son. But they will have moments of their old self, but then would you want it any other way?

Unknown said...

aam...awesome! it's always a good visit, when I stop by your blog :)


~AirmanMom returning to her blog...

ABNPOPPA said...

I would say that pretty much sums up the roll of an Army mom. Hats off to all the other Army moms out there.

Pops,
Proud father of an 82nd AIRBORNE Paratrooper