Monday, October 27, 2008

No Surprise here

We did not receive a phone call from Christopher this weekend. I am not really surprised, I am getting use to it, however I did get a phone call from another Soldier.
Do you remember several weeks ago, I told you about Micah who was in Chris' troop but had gotten hurt and was sent home to recover? Well Micah called me yesterday. He said that he had made a promise to Chris that he would call me and wanted to make sure that he kept that promise.
It was so sweet of him to take the time to call me and tell me that he had a message from Chris. He said that Chris loved and missed us and that he was doing fine. He said Chris or PVT ****** as he kept referring to him had top PT scores when he left and that his rack (bed) was made the tightest in the troop, that you could bounce a quarter off the bed and that was not even a requirement any more. He kept assuring me that Chris was doing just fine and had made several friends including Micah himself. It may not have been a call from Chris but it meant so much just the same. Micah said that he is healing and will be back in training in mid Nov. I am hoping that we will be able to get his new address when he gets settled back in so that we can write to him and Chris can keep in touch with him.
I don't know if Micah reads this blog or not, but if so... Micah thank you so much. You will never know just how much your phone call mean't to me. You will carry a special place in my heart always.

:)
God Bless
Army Strong Mom,
Tami

4 comments:

Brittany said...

Glad you at least heard from Micah! That is wonderful news! :-) Keep thinking and being strong!

joyce said...

Wasn't Matt's mom, Andrea going to parent's weekend? Did you ever get word from her? I hope she was able to give your son a hug for you, and maybe take a picture?

Carla said...

So glad Micah called you. I know it wasn't the same, hopefully next time it will be Chris.

Unknown said...

No doubt Micah enjoyed speaking with you as much as you enjoyed speaking with him.
Stay Strong!
Pray Hard!


~AirmanMom returning to her blog...