Wednesday, January 6, 2010

No real excuse.....

My HOOAH!
I have been avoiding my blog because I really am not sure what I can and can not say while Scout is over in Iraq.
We were very lucky for the first few months after he deployed with instant messages almost every day and even though Scout would never agree I was very happy each time he made the comment that he was bored. To a mother's ears bored in a war zone means all is well, no harmful excitement. To a 1-89 Cav Scout bored means: this really sucks!!!!!!!!
However our keep in contact luck ran out on New Years Day. Due to power and phone problems at his FOB today marks one week since we have had any contact with Scout, I wake up several times at night and spend many minutes at work each day checking Facebook and IM to see if just maybe he has been able to pop on for a few minutes.
I do know that they are all fine because of a email I received from one of the wives of his Chain of Command, which eases my heart more than she will ever know. Thank you Amanda.
So on to other subjects:
I have every intention to get back into the blogging world and update more often while checking in with all of my favorite bloggers.
Hopefully I will have some Scout news soon that I can share.
Until then,
God Bless
Cav Mom

5 comments:

Unknown said...

My prayers are constant for you and Scout. It goes without saying, I want to hear Scout updates...but I also want to hear how mom is holding up. When/If you can...share how you are doing. I care.
Stay Strong!
Pray Hard!
~AM

Sarge Charlie said...

Bored is good stuff mom, AM has got it right, ftay strong pray hard.

Rie Rie said...

Bored definitely sounds good to me! Been following along with your blog for a few months, though never commented.
Look forward to further posts.

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Bored is good...but no contact is frustrating.

Keeping him in my thoughts and prayers.

Hallie

love said...

Hello, I'm recently vigorous blog, please attention! Thank you!

With the way I like your website:

http://qiaosilver.blogspot.com/
http://wqsilver.blogspot.com/

jerseys