Sunday, January 18, 2009

Fun in Yuma

Hello all,
I haven't heard much from Chris lately. He is training in Yuma and from the few short calls and quick text messages that I have had, I can tell you that he is loving every minute of it. LOL
He called me one day last week and I asked him how he was doing. His reply was: Mom, I am exhausted, I stink and I am having a ball.
It seems that they are doing 11 days in the field and 1 1/2 days at the FOB on a rotation. During his time in the field, showers are not something that is available and when I made a comment about no shower in 11 days he said its ok mom, everyone stinks.
Believe me when I tell you that he is enjoying the Arizona weather compared to the snow and freezing temps that Ft. Drum is experiencing.
Chris informed me that when he is through with the Army he was moving to Arizona. I asked him when he thought that would be and was quickly advised that it would not be anytime soon. Actually his words were; when it stops being worth doing I will get out.
Army life seems to suit him. And slowly I am getting use to not hearing from him on a regular basis and the fact that he is no longer a child.
We are looking forward to mid February when he will be headed home for a few weeks of well earned block leave. The D`man has already claimed his big brother on his team at the paint ball course and at least a few hours of big brother coming to visit his 5th grade classroom.
I hope everyone is staying warm and enjoying the beginning of 2009!!

God Bless,
aam

4 comments:

Unknown said...

tami...it is so good to hear such good news! We like to know our adult children are doing well in their new lives. I'm glad you are adjusting as well, it is a difficult job to be the mom of an adult child and it is especially difficult to be the mom of a soldier.
Please know I do pray for your son!
Stay Strong!
Pray Hard!

~AirmanMom returning to her blog...

juliannah said...

I live in Arizona so I understand why your son would want to move here. We basically have about 9 months of summer and 3 months of winter if you could call it that. Glad your son is doing well.

ABNPOPPA said...

Kids like Chris are what makes America the greatest county in the world. Yuma sounds nice and warm compared to Ohio now.

He is always in our prayers

Pops

liberal army wife said...

I know a lot of people who love AZ and NM... me, not so much!

I'd love to have a post or two from you for Parents Zone... and yeah, the stinky stuff too!

LAW